Unlike gold, which needs little or no upkeep to keep it looking as great as the day it was purchased, silver will need a little TLC to avoid tarnishing (also called oxidization). Whether it's your silver table ware or the silver on your fingers a little maintenance will go a long way to keep your silver gorgeous!
HOW TO CARE FOR STERLING SILVER JEWELRY:
You can avoid tarnish by wearing your jewelry often. The natural oils in your skin will “clean” the silver and keep it looking shiny.
Apply perfumes, creams and hair care products before wearing your pieces.
Remove your silver before swimming, as swimming pools contain chlorine and other harsh chemicals.
To clean tarnished sterling silver jewelry, polish gently with a silver cloth.
- Commercial silver polishes are great, but a small paste of baking soda & water works just as well.
- Store in a safe, dry place when not worn to protect them from the elements of daily exposure.
At the Danny Newfeld Collection, we use a high quality and advanced plating process to created our plated jewelry collection. If you are loving your gold plated jewelry, you will need to give it a little bit of extra care to keep the luster and brightness. Those few extra minutes will make sure that your gold plated jewelry looks fabulous all the time.
HOW TO CARE FOR GOLD PLATED JEWELRY:
- Remove Gold Plated Jewelry before Swimming, Bathing or Exercising. Keeping your plated jewelry away from any harsh chemicals will keep its luster lasting longer!
- Did you know: our sweat creates the same chemical reaction as perfume, chlorine and nail polish?
- Apply perfumes, creams and hair care products before wearing your pieces.
Due to the unique nature of Roman Glass, each item in our collection is unique and may appear differently colored in various lighting conditions.
When you wear Roman Glass, you are wearing a piece of history! Ancient Roman Glass has been excavated from archaeological sites throughout Israel. The glass that we know as "Roman Glass" dates back as far as the 1st Century B.C.E.
HOW TO CARE FOR ROMAN GLASS JEWELRY:
- To preserve the beauty of your Roman Glass jewelry avoid exposure to moisture, perfumes or chemicals.
- Remove while bathing.
- Household chemicals, perspiration, rubber, chlorinated water, or any substances which contain sulfur (e.g., mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, onions, latex, wool), will cause corrosion and tarnish - so it’s a good idea to remove jewelry when doing household chores.
- Storage: keep your jewelry in a zipper bag with an anti-tarnish square. Just make sure to dry it before you put it away
Our gemstones are genuine natural precious and semi-precious gemstones that we carefully select for our pieces.
HOW TO CARE FOR GEMSTONES JEWELRY:
To keep gemstones clean and shiny, scrub lightly with a soft cloth.
Avoid chemicals or excessive temperatures.
Store in a safe, dry place when not worn to protect them from the elements of daily exposure.
At the Danny Newfeld Collection, we use cultured freshwater pearls.
HOW TO CARE FOR PEARLS JEWELRY:
Avoid direct contact with chemicals found in perfume or other cosmetics.
Pearls are delicate and sensitive so treat them with love.
We proudly stand behind the unique craftmanship of our entire collection and we hope that you will equally enjoy wearing them!
Take a little time to make your silver shine, and then let the compliments of your guests rub off on you.